Friday, September 7: Luke 6 - Who can do this.

I found myself thinking. Who can do this? Who can possibly live out all that Jesus teaches today? I am overwhelmed.

My thoughts today were not drawn to a particular verse or set of verses but rather the whole. And I sit overwhelmed by the way I should live. Love those who hate me, do not judge, pray for people who mistreat me.

So much growth. I have so many areas of my life that still need maturity!

Lord God, I cannot possibly do this on my own. I have not the strength or the courage or the ability. First, Lord, forgive me for my many shortcomings and sin-attitudes. And second, Lord, please supply me with Your strength to gain victory in some of the areas with which I struggle daily. I thank You and praise You, in advance, for Your blessings, which are new every morning. Through Jesus, I make this petition. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment