Wednesday, September 12: Luke 10- A new level of followership .

Where to meditate and comment today? Luke’s chapters are so rich.

The first words seemed to be my meditation spot for the morning. After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.

After what I wondered, I scanned chapter 9. It started with Jesus appointing the twelve and concluded with a teaching on the cost of discipleship. My thought was that Jesus was expanding His ranks, bringing more followers into the world of workers.

It is one thing to follow someone. It takes commitment.  ‘Follow me’ was an invitation Jesus offered freely. This appointment of 72 seems to indicate a new level of ‘followership’. These 72 not only watch and listen to Jesus, they now go out into the world as workers sent by Jesus to do the things He was doing. Yep, that qualifies as a new level of ‘followership’!

As I meditate on this, I am thinking that Jesus’ goal was that all of His followers would graduate to the rank of worker… helping extend Jesus’ ministry to all corners of the world.

So if you are reading along with me today… are you a follower of Jesus Christ? I pray so.

And if you are a follower, have you entered the ranks of the workers who are being sent out in Jesus name?

Lord, I pray that we all hear Your voice calling and appointing us to take and demonstrate Your message into the harvest field. In Jesus’ name and for the sake of His Kingdom’s advancement, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment