Friday, February 15: Genesis 40- Forgotten.

This account seems poised for a happy ending and Joseph getting out of prison. But then the last sentence appears, The chief cupbearer, however, did not remember Joseph; he forgot him (21). To be forgotten…few feelings are as empty as being forgotten.

It happened to Joseph and it happens to most of us somewhere along life’s journey.

Our friends or family members may forget us, but God never forgets about us.

I don’t presume to know what Joseph went through emotionally when he realized that the cupbearer forgot about him. But if I had to guess, I’m sure he was bummed and depressed. Hopes dashed.

I’ve read the story and I know God did not forget. God was simply waiting for a better time, the perfect time to bring Joseph from the confines of prison into his calling to save the people of Israel.

I am reminded as I read this story that God’s timing often requires us to wait before we see the salvation He will bring. “Remember this,” the Lord says to me, “You are not and will never be forgotten by Me. Ever!”

Lord, my heart cries, Hallelujah! Thanks be to You, Lord God. You are with me. You remember Me. I rest in this in all circumstances of life. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment