Saturday, February 16: Genesis 41- Thirty years of learning.

Joseph was thirty years old when he entered the service of Pharaoh king of Egypt. (46).

Thirty years is a good chunk of time and for those 30-years Joseph has been undergoing the training and testing of God to prepare him for his God-ordained works of service.

Okay, so half of those years were his primary growing up years. This is true. But those years, under our parents, are a critical time of ours and is very much part of God’s preparation plan for our works of service. Young readers listen up, your character is forming.  Pay attention to whom you are becoming.

I think for a while about Joseph’s next 15 years of training.

He learned tact.  Oh, he learned this trait by failure when he blurted out about his dreams,  inappropriately, to his brothers and parents.

He also learned to pay attention to dreams… not a trait for everyone, but as we see now, God was certainly preparing Joseph to come to the aid of Pharaoh.

He learned personal integrity. Again, this was a difficult learning when Potiphar’s wife accused him unfairly of sexual assault.

Along the way he learned leadership. This blossomed in prison –yeah, prison!

He learned patience. Patience is never an easy skill to learn… kidnapped, imprisoned, being forgotten for another 2 years… patience…

At this point I began to think about the lessons I have learned in life. I then, intentionally, offered them back to the Lord to be used in whatever works of service he would have for me in the remaining years of my life.

How about you?  What life skill offering will you make to the Lord?

Lord, thank You for all the lessons of life…the positive ones and the difficult ones. Lord, I lay them at Your feet.  Use me in whatever way You know to best further Your kingdom and Your will. Through Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment