Tuesday, February 19: Genesis 43- What is God up too?.

This chapter ends leaving plenty of questions and resolving none of them. If feels like a strange place to pause my reading and this is multiplied since I know the story.

Life is lived like this, however. Life is lived one day at a time and most of the time we do not know the outcome of the situations we find ourselves in. Life is full of ambiguity and uncertain endings. And with that, for me at least, wondering about what God is up to and wondering how things will turn out.

I stopped and reread my last sentence.  Before my eyes are two different ways to live. One understands God to be involved in life and the other does not need God to be involved.

Which way do you you live life? Do you leave room for God or have you shut Him out of life?

Whatever situation you find yourself in, are you your solution? Work harder, make the right contact, apply for the right job, go to the right school, find the right soul mate… you catch my drift. Are you the master of your destiny or is there room for the workings of Almighty God in your life?

I prefer to live with God at the core of my life. This doesn’t absolve me from living wisely or give me a get out of jail free card. But it does give me someone to seek and counsel with when I am perplexed or uncertain. It does provide me with a ‘due north’ for my life from which I can orient my thoughts, aspirations and character.

Are you walking with God or are you doing it alone?

Jesus, be the center and source of my life. To You I surrender all, that I may walk with You all the days of my life! Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment