Wednesday, February 20: Genesis 44- Taking responsibility.

Judah is a man of his word. The unthinkable happened and Benjamin, who apparently stole from Joseph, is sentenced to life long slavery in Egypt. Judah who gave his word to his father to protect Ben, steps up and offers his life and servitude for Benjamin’s! What amazing love, what amazing honor to the Father. Judah offers himself in Benjamin’s place!

Jesus made the same offer for you and me and the world… although the stakes for Jesus were a bit higher. We had, in fact, sinned –not just apparently sinned- and our sin was against God in heaven and our punishment eternal death. Yet, Jesus to honor His Father and out of love for us, stepped up and took the penalty that we deserved. Jesus died in our place.

Judah’s offer sparked thoughts of Jesus action… as I sat with the Lord and His Word this morning. And I find myself blessing and thanking the Lord in response to this meditation.

Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me Bless His Holy Name.

Bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not ALL His benefits…

He forgives my sins and heals my diseases…

He leads me in paths of righteousness…

He restores my soul…

Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever…

Thanks be to Jesus who took my penalty, forgave me all my sins and clothed me in His own righteousness!

Alleluia! Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment