Thursday, February 21: Genesis 45– The Weaving…

As I thought about Joseph and his response to this brothers (see verses 4-7), I recalled a verse from Corrie Ten Boom, titled 'The Weaving':

My life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me,

I cannot choose the colors

He worketh steadily.

Oftimes he weaveth sorrow,

And I in foolish pride

Forget He sees the upper

And I, the underside.

Not till the loom is silent

And the shuttles cease to fly

Shall God unroll the canvas

And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful

In the Weaver's skillful hand

As the threads of gold and silver

In the pattern he has planned.

Lord, I pray for the wisdom, maturity and eyes of faith –eyes like Joseph and Corrie- to trust that what You are weaving through my life will bring You honor and glory, will advance Your kingdom and proclaim Your love to the ends of the earth.

This I pray in the name of the God, the Great Weaver, and Jesus Christ, His One and Only Son, my Lord. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment