Tuesday, February 12: Genesis 37- Who does this sort of thing?.

How evil is the heart of man? What brothers do this kind of thing? Who sells a brother into slavery?

I am stunned how evil the human heart can be. Violence, rage, murder, mass-murder, mayhem, war, ethnic cleansing, extortion, insider trading, rape, incest, muggings, robbery, bullying… I could go on for days listing the news stories of our world.

Oh, how we need a Savior.

And even those whom God has called and grace are capable of evil and violence just as any human being is.

God, thank You for creating a way out of our mess. Thank You for Jesus…

Show me, teach me how You designed humans to live, so that my life might be a light pointing to You and Your grace… so that my life might bring You honor and praise. Holy Spirit live within me and bring healing to my sin-riddled heart that I might not sin against You or others. Oh, Father, may the good deeds You strengthen me to do cause people to see You have praise You. In Your Name, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I pray. Amen.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment