Wednesday, February 13: Genesis 38- God sees and knows what's going on.

This chapter is another OT soap opera. Anyone who thinks that the people of God were righteous wonderful people is probably shocked to read this account. It begins with Judah and his son marrying Canaanites… forbidden. It involves wicked children and refusing to have sex and then illicit sex with prostitutes and... It is a sordid tale.

Contemplating the story though Judah’s eyes, I thought about how our sins committed in the shadows are often brought out in the open. God sees and knows what’s going on.

I also marvel at the great patriarchs of the faith. They are every bit as human and spiritually frail and sin-filled as the next person. Imperfect yet chosen by God! Just like you and me.

This is not a license for sloppy living, rather it is a testimony to God and His grace, abundant immeasurable grace. Thank God for grace!

Yes, thank You, Lord God, for grace abundant and immeasurable. God, were it not for Your grace, I would be dead in my sins and cut off from You. I bow and praise You. Thank You! Thank You! Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment