Friday, November 8: Deuteronomy 16- Keeping God central in life .

Three feasts with the Lord at their core. Three different celebrations of God’s goodness, provision and deliverance. With each one, people were to travel to the place where the Lord would put His name.

Passover, remembering God’s deliverance. Weeks, celebrating God’s provision. Tabernacles remembering God’s protection. God was the core of their personal and corporate life and these feasts, plus the travel to and from the central place, all reinforced God’s centrality in their lives.

The question slides into my mind, “Lord, how do I keep You central in my life?”

What a wonderful question to ponder this day… keeping God central… keeping God at my core… remembering the Lord… who He is and all He has done…

Lord, time ticks because You created it. Days, seasons, years, they are all Your invention. Life itself, from the sub-cellular to the macro, are Your creation. You are over all and in all and through all, the creed reminds us. Nothing would be if it were not for You.

We should naturally keep You central to life, and yet we don’t. Sin has veiled my (our) heart. I ask for forgiveness, for substituting anything for You.

Lord, outside my window, light is just brightening the sky and the features of my yard are beginning to be visible, imperfectly, but yet their features are emerging from the blackness of night. Lord, please cause the eyes of my heart to see you today. Show me Yourself, unveil even for a moment the eyes of my Heart that I might worship You.

Through my Savior Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment