Wednesday, November 13: Deuteronomy 20- God with us.

Life is full of challenges. We face hills and valleys, twists and bends, giants and roadblocks. Oh, God, what are we to do?

Moses reminds Israel that God is their protector, deliverer and that God goes before them… When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you. … For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory" (1,4).

God does what we cannot do. Does this mean we do not do? No. But it does put things in perspective. We are not God. We cannot guarantee anything. But God promises to fight battles for Israel understanding, of course, these are battles God wants fought.

My devotional take-a-way… walk with God and trust Him. Live responsibly before the Lord and He will remove the giants and fight the battles He wants fought with you.

Is God calling me (you) to a particular task? Trust that God will be with you. Step out, follow His lead and watch what God will do.

Lead me in paths of righteousness for Your namesake, Oh God. Use me to blaze trails for Your kingdom or maintain trails others will blaze for You or slop in Your latrines if that’s what You need from me, Lord. I am Your servant.  Point me to my area of service. In the name of Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment