Monday, November 11: Deuteronomy 18- The gift of the Holy Spirit.

As I read verse 14-22 about the place of the prophet in OT life, I immediately found myself thanking God for the gift and outpouring of the Holy Spirit on all who believe in Jesus. This may seem like an odd meditation from this OT chapter, since the Holy Spirit isn’t even mentioned. Nonetheless, that is where I went this morning with the Lord.

My heart grew in thanks to the Lord God for the sending of the Spirit on all who believe.

In the days of Deuteronomy, God’s people were dependent upon prophets in order to hear the voice of the Lord. Few people in all of OT history had direct access to the Lord. They depended on prophetic intermediaries.

Yet, here we are as Christ-followers today with direct and immediate access to God. We have the very Spirit of God in us, speaking to us, leading and guiding us… What a gift! What an incredible gift!!!

So today, I found myself blessing and thanking the Lord, that I live in the age where the Spirit has been poured out on all who believe in Jesus. What a gift! What a blessing!

Lord God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, thank You for the gift of Yourself. Thank You for coming into my life, for being with me and speaking to and leading me directly.

Holy Spirit, teach me Your ways and the understanding of Your voice so that I may be more and more attentive to You, Your whispers and Your shouts.

Lord God, I want to honor Your gift of presence in and with me by obedience that the world might know that You and You alone are God. Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment