Friday, November 1: Deuteronomy 10- A good day with the Lord.

I had a few moments of thought as I read today.

First, I realized that it is good to pause occasionally and remember the deeds of the Lord and where he has taken me throughout life so far. Reminding myself of God’s care and leading in days past is an encouragement for the days still to come.

In verse 10, it struck me that Moses told the people, Now I had stayed on the mountain forty days and nights, as I did the first time, and the LORD listened to me at this time also. The first time Moses was on the mountain he listened. I’m guessing he was in awe and filled with wonder. This time he spoke and the LORD listened to him. Moses and the Lord had direct communication. That blows me away! It also helped me to realize that our relationship with God grows and God invites us into closer communion as we can handle it.

I found in verse 12 a helpful summary of the life of faith. I made note of the descriptive verbs God used…

Fear the LORD

Walk in all His ways

Love Him

Serve Him

Observe the LORD's Commands

I am helped by summary statements like verse 12-13.

I found myself rolling these three thoughts over and over.

I hope you had a good day in God’s Word, too. Did He show you other things?

Lord, thank You for taking time to meet with me today. I pray that my thoughts and time with You this morning will prepare me for this day in order to live faithfully for You all day. Bless You, Lord. Talk with You soon. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment