Friday, December 13: Titus 2- Lord, does my living honor You?.

 

We, Believers or Christians, represent God and God’s Word. We should live in a way that honors God… Right?! I was struck by the ‘so thats’ of today’s passage.

--Verse 5: Older women are to live... so that no one will malign the word of God.

--Verse 8: Younger men are to live… so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.

--Verse 10: Slaves are to live… so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.

People are watching us, even as we watch other people. The way we live should speak positively about the Lord, whom we follow. People may not believe what we believe, but there should be nothing in our lives that allows others to besmirch our God.

Today’s time in the Word drives me to look at my life and ask, “Lord, Jesus, does my living honor You? Almighty God, does my life honor You? Holy Spirit, am I living such that my life reflects positively upon You?”

Self examination is required to answer these questions…

Lord God, grant me patience, insight and determination to examine my life in light of Your Word and to make the needed adjustments so that my life constantly reflects better and better upon You, my Lord God. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment