Saturday, December 14: Titus 3-.

The practical declarations of verses 1, 2 & 14 connected in my thoughts as I read and began contemplating this chapter.

Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.… Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order that they may provide for daily necessities and not live unproductive lives.

If your hope is for Scripture to give you a practical word on how to live faithfully as a follower of Jesus, today’s Word is perfect.

·         Be obedient to rules and authorities,

·         Do what is good (mentioned 2 times),

·         Do not speak falsely about anyone,

·         Be a peaceable and considerate person toward everyone…

·         Be busy providing for yourself

I took some liberties above in contemporizing these declarations but I believe my wording is fair to the text.

Well, I certainly have my living ‘to do’ list for today.

Lord, thank You for the practicality of Your Word and instruction. Now comes the rub….living it. I pray for the presence of Your Holy Spirit to guide and teach me how to fulfill these, Your Words today as I live and work and move about life.

Thank and bless You Father, Son and Holy Spirit, to whom I pray through Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment