Tuesday, December 10: 2Timothy 3- Persecuted???.

Paul is so matter of fact as he writes Timothy, In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted (12).

Paul maybe matter of fact, but the words shock me. They seem so far from the way 21st Century American Christians like me live. Face persecution (!) that is not our reality. Not only do we not face persecution, most of us anticipate that we will be blessed.

I kept pondering the difference between the words & world of Paul and our world today. Is it that Christianity has radically changed the world since the 1st century or could it be that we have become so acculturated into our world that there would be no reason for the world to persecute us?

I have many thoughts but no concrete answer.  However, my general world is certainly different than Paul and Timothy’s world.

So what do I do with Paul’s word, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted?  I’m not sure.

But one thing I cannot do is rule out the possibility of persecution if I am living all out for Jesus. Maybe my lack of persecution indicates I am not living all out for Jesus. OUCH, got to think about this a bit more…

Lord… my life seems different than Paul and Timothy’s. I’m not sure what to do with the verse I pondered. Keep speaking to me, Lord. Lead me and guide me and if persecution is in my future, please grace me with the strength to live faithfully during my persecution.

Thank You, Lord. I love You. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment