Monday, December 2: 1Timothy 2- the gift of Jesus.

… God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time (3-6).

I find it good for my soul to ponder our salvation and how far God went to provide for our salvation. Jesus came to earth in order to become the ransom for all men and women.

I marvel that Jesus came to pay our ransom. It blows my mind that Jesus, the second person of the Trinity, became a human so that He could be our ransom. Jesus took on the penalty for my sins (and your sins); Jesus did that for you and me.

I sat and thought about this…

Jesus did it because it was the only way we could come back into God’s good graces.

Jesus did it for you and me… that I realized was love!

Oh how he loves you and me. Oh how he loves you and me. He gave his life, what more can I say. Oh how he loves me, oh how he loves you. Oh how he loves you and me…

Thank You, Jesus. Thank You. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment