Friday, July 25: 1Kings 19- We are not alone.

Sometimes when I read the scriptures devotionally, God will call my attention to a particular verse or thought. Such was the case today. Verse 18 sparked my thoughts and meditations. Yet I reserve seven thousand in Israel—all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal and whose mouths have not kissed him.

There are times when following the Lord that we can feel alone; like there is no one else walking with Jesus.

·         Maybe it’s work and we don’t know if there is anyone else there who loves Jesus.

·         Or these feeling may surface during a difficult time and there seems to be no one else around to encourage or comfort us.

·         Or these thoughts can erupt when God asks us to do a difficult task and no one is standing with us.

I have been there before and reading this verse sparked something in me. Elijah was in one of those places, feeling alone in the battle.

God’s Word became a reminder to me, as I suspect it was to Elijah back in his day.  God is working many angles and God is working in many people, and He may not have clued me into this.

I am, after all, not the center and indispensible hub of God’s plan and workings. I am only one piece.

This thought gives me perspective… it keeps me from getting too puffed up about myself. God is in control, not me.

This thought gives me courage… even when I feel like I am it, the only faithful one, there are, in fact, others. I may not know them, but God does. And the Lord is working His plan.

One more thought. I can trust the Lord, even when I don’t feel like there are other people I can trust.

What thoughts did you get from reading this chapter today?

Lord, thank You for meeting me in Your Word today. I am so blessed to be able to walk life knowing You. Praise and honor and blessings to You, my God –Father, Jesus Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment