Wednesday, July 16: 1Kings 11- Finish Well.

 

Solomon is a negative example about finishing well. He did not finish well. As the text says he was led astray by his many wives to foreign gods. How sad. This brilliant man who began his journey as king wonderfully, lost his way.

The start of his error, it seems, was disregarding the Lord’s commands about not marrying foreign wives. He didn’t listen… and he and all Israel paid the piper because of his sin.

It is good to start well, but finishing well is far better still!

So what do I (you) need to be doing in order to finish well with Jesus?

Stay the course… when things are hard don’t give up; push on.

Keep my nose in the Word of God. Read, study and meditate regularly and consistently.

Pray often, Paul even says to pray unceasingly.

Hand with people who are walking with Jesus. Find encouragement from brothers and sisters in the Lord.

These are some of the things I can keep doing so that I will finish well… If you have more thoughts send them to me!

Lord, Jesus, You stayed the course. You followed through and went to Calvary. Give me the strength to stay the course with You, no matter what You ask of me. I will need Holy Spirit strength, so please breathe the Holy Spirit into me again and again. Through You, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment