Tuesday, July 29: 1Kings 22- What the Lord says, comes true.

The Word of the Lord comes true. Again we see the Lord God fulfilling what He has spoken. Over and over the Old Testament affirms and reaffirms that the Lord is trustworthy, and that the Lord is powerful and strong to do what He says He will do.

The psalmist sings that the heavens declare God’s Glory. And the writers of OT narrative declare that the Lord is to be trusted and that He alone is God. This is the God whom I serve because the God of the OT is the God of the New Testament.

My thoughts delighted in the Lord, the God. There is no other like Him.

I marveled how He orchestrated events to fulfill His Will. What He decrees comes to pass.

I found myself wondering why Jehoshaphat would request a prophet of the Lord, but then not heed his warning. I have no answer for this, except to note that he, Jehoshaphat, was not indicated in anyway in the prophecy. Maybe he thought, then, that he was safe. I simply do not know.

What I do know is that we should pay attention to the things that the Lord has said, because they will happen… in the Lord’s timing, of course.

Lord, I praise and bless You for being God, the one and only God. And for revealing Yourself to me through Word and Spirit. Praise be to You, Lord, God, Father, Son and Spirit. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment