Monday, July 28: 1Kings 21- Complicit.

I noticed the elders of Naboth’s town complied with Jezebel’s orders (written Ahab’s name). The text never says anything about them, but I wouldn’t want to be them when they stand before the Lord on their last day. They were complicit. They knew the evil plan and they executed it, likely to save their own skin.

I pondered the thought of being complicit in ungodly things.  I thought about times I cave instead of standing fast to integrity. God is never pleased!

If the elders said “No” the outcome may not have changed. Ahab and Jezebel may have gotten what they wanted another way. But the elders would have remained true to the Lord.

I thought, what is my integrity worth? Do I have a price? If so, how sad.

God calls us to do the right thing, no matter what the outcome might be.

Join me in chewing on this…

Lord, may I stand for You today in all of my dealings. May I do this everyday. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment