Thursday, July 10: 1Kings 6- A temple fit for the Lord.

With significant detail, the temple Solomon built for the Lord is described. Solomon was certainly making a statement about his Lord and the honor due His name.

I may not be building a temple for the Lord, but I found myself wondering if my life is building anything of lasting value for the Lord. I asked myself questions like:

What am I building for God?

Are my key relationships building people in the Lord?

Is my giving advancing the name of the Lord?

If I could, would I do something extravagant for the Lord?

And so my meditations went, probing and wondering what I am building for the Lord…

I invite you to ask yourselves similar questions…

Lord, I hope and pray that my life is actually building and advancing Your kingdom and that I am not just giving You lip service with my life.

I love You and I praise You. In and through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment