Monday, July 21: 1Kings 15- Quite a parade.

This chapter lists the 4 kings; 2 of Israel and 2 of Judah. Only one of the 4 was faithful to the Lord.

God reminded me that life goes on. The march of days continues (until Jesus returns, of course). Some leaders are good, some not. Some people are faithful to the Lord, some not.

During my reading, God reminded me that the only person for whom I am responsible is ‘me’. I may impact others, but I am only responsible for my life and my actions. Each of the four kings will stand before the Lord and give an account of their lives. Some day I will stand before the Lord and give an accounting as well. Will God find me faithful? That rests on my shoulders.

It starts by faith in Jesus.  Do I believe in Jesus presented in the Scriptures as the only Son of God, fully God and fully man?  Did I confess Jesus as Lord and do I follow Him?

When my march of days concludes and I rest in death I, and every person whoever lived, will stand before the Lord. What answers will your life and my life give?

Jesus, I pray that today I live faithfully. And then tomorrow I will pray the same thing. As you taught us to pray:

Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give me today my daily bread.

Forgive my sins even as I forgive people who sin against me.

Lead me not into temptation and deliver me from the evil one.

For Yours in the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment