Friday, January 16: Psalm 19- God is amazing.

I imagine David gazing up to the sky peering at the stars and the moon and seeing in them the hand of God. The heavens, David pens, declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands (1).

Enraptured by God’s glory, David spins a song about the wonder and glory of God. The heavens… the sun… the precepts and law of God all declare the wonder and work of God.

Following David’s lead, I find myself enraptured by the Lord. I recall some of the most amazing nights I have witnessed. Camping in the northern Minnesota Boundary Waters, nary a light in the sky, I saw more stars than ever before. Camping in the desert of Utah or the Rockies of Colorado and Montana or the badlands of South Dakota, the sky is huge and the heavens shout the wonder of God.

The daytime sky with the sun and wispy clouds or the roll of thunder heads boiling above… they, too, declare God’s awesomeness.

Following David’s lead, I ponder the wonder of God’s Word, its riches, its truth, its message of forgiveness and love in Jesus… God is amazing!

Thank You, Lord, for this time of wonder and delight in Who you are!!! May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer (14). Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment