Friday, January 30: Romans 11- Grace.

 

Speaking of his people Israel, Paul writes that at the present time God has chose some, a remnant, by grace.  Verse 5-6: So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace. Salvation through Jesus, no matter one’s origin, is by grace. And as Paul says here and elsewhere (see Ephesians 2:1-10), if salvation is from grace then it cannot be from works.

Grace… God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense is the only sure and certain path to salvation and restoration with God. Grace has been God’s plan from the beginning.

And grace teaches me I have earned nothing… my salvation, my relationship with the Lord, my eternal future, my forgiveness of sins, the peace I have with God, the gifts and blessings I receive from God, are all gifts. I deserve nothing but retribution and punishment for my sin. And yet by grace, God has gifted me with love and mercy and so much more.

I sat this morning thinking about the pathway of grace open to and available to all –Jew and Gentile alike. And my heart rejoiced in God, my Savior. Using Paul’s words, I praise God…

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! “Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” “Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them?” For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen (33-36)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment