Friday, January 9: John 17- Jesus Prays.

I love the fact that God has allowed us to listen over Jesus’ shoulder as He prays on the eve before His death. He can see the finish line and He prays. After a moment of reflection on His work, Jesus launches into prayer for His disciples and all who will believe in Him through all time.

That He prays for me and all disciples, touches me deeply. Here He is hours before His death by crucifixion and He has the ability to look past His circumstances to see our need. What a Savior! What a Lord!

When He wrapped a towel around His waist and washed His disciples’ feet, He was modeling in action the same humility and “other-centeredness” that He displays in praying for us hours before His death.

I sit here this morning, awed by Jesus, my Savior… His care, His thoughtfulness, His love for those who believe and follow Him.

Lord, Jesus, I praise and thank You. You modeled grace right up to and through Your earthly life. You cared, You loved, You prayed for us right to the end. Thank You, Lord, Jesus. I pledge my life to You.  Use me for Your glory. In Your name Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment