Thursday, January 22: Romans 4- Why Jesus is the key.

Verse 25 sprang to life as I read it. I spent my time with the Lord, considering the picture of Jesus: He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

Is Easter more important than Good Friday? No, they come as a matched pair, a set. They are like the two sides of a coin. They are both important and essential and are understood together.

On the cross Jesus died for our sins… atonement. His death atoned –paid for– our sins. The penalty we deserved, He took!

The empty tomb is our… justification. The empty tomb validated what Jesus did on a cross. Three men died on crosses that day.  However, only one was raised to life after 3 days. And that one was Jesus. He was raised for our justification… “just as if I’d never sinned.” Why is that so?  Because on the cross, Jesus paid for my sin. Not only are my sins forgiven, God credits to me the righteousness of Jesus. Thus looking at me through the blood of Jesus, God sees me wearing the righteousness of Jesus.

He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

No other faith has anything like this and that is why Jesus is key…

I am the recipient of Jesus’ death and resurrection work and so is everyone who believes in Him. Wow, what a truth to chew on this morning and today!

Lord Jesus, I am forever grateful to You for all You have done for me and for everyone who believes. What would You have me do for You today? Show me, Lord. I am Yours. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment