Monday, January 19: Romans 1- A case for Christ.

 

Reading this chapter I realize all the more how much trouble we are in as human beings. Apart from faith in God, we cannot please God (see John 15 as well). But even more, apart from God we are really not trying to please Him.

The picture Paul paints beginning in verse 18 is an ugly picture indeed!!! Four words from verse 20 strike a frightening gong; people are without excuse.

When we stand before God at the end of our lives, we will stand there without excuse! We will have to answer God.  Have we either followed God’s way or gone our own way?  At that point our fate is sealed because we will have either lived in the righteousness of Jesus, which is the transformed life of chapters 12-16, or we lived for ourselves, which is opposed to God.

I am far from perfect… Jesus is my only hope! And Jesus is the only hope for every person.

I sat and pondered Jesus’ gift of salvation. I, a lowly wretched sinner, did not deserve grace, and yet God lavished it on me in Christ.

Lord, I sit here today so thankful for You, Jesus. Were it not for You and Your grace I would be living under condemnation. But You have lavished grace on me and saved me from me! Thank You, Lord Jesus. Thank You and praise You. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment