Monday, January 26: Romans 7- Thank You for the Law.

This morning Paul reminded me to thank God for the Law. The Law showed me what was right and what was wrong. In my humanity I can justify almost any behavior or thought.

Rationalizing is a powerful and often not good trait of being human. The Law provides an objective set of rules and truth. And, Lord, I am thankful for that, because the Law reveals to me how much I need God.

I cannot keep the Law on my own. I constantly fall short. This chapter shows me that Paul understood this, in fact, he lived it too and acknowledged it. But what is so beautiful and wonderful is the concluding note of hope as the chapter comes to a close…

Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! (25a).

Jesus is the one who can deliver us from the grip of the Law and from the death reserved for Law breakers!

Alleluia, in the darkest of moments, God shows up in Jesus. In the darkest of times, God reverses the curse in Jesus. God didn’t forsake us, He sent Jesus! Alleluia!!!

Lord, I praise You for Jesus. Imperfect though I am, chained to sin as I was, You set me free by grace through faith in Jesus. And I sing Your praises, Lord. Your light has dawned in my life and I can see!!! I can see YOU and I praise You. In Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment