Friday, February 13: Psalm 27- The Lord is there.

Where do you turn in times of trouble?

The Psalmist, David, turned to the Lord.

Whether it is the shadow of death (Ps 23), or a cry for vindication (Ps 26) or now today, the wicked who advance upon him (2), David turns to the Lord for solace and safety and help in times of trouble.

Anyone who claims that Christ-followers do not experience trials, pain and hardship in this life has never read the Psalms, or much of the Bible for that matter. Trials will come for each of us but for the person walking with God we have a place to turn. We can turn to the Lord.

This is the message of this entire Psalm. I noticed how today’s Psalm opened and closed:

When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident (2-3). …

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD (13-14).

David’s trust and hope is God!

I circle back to my opening question, ‘Where do you turn in times of trouble?’ Or maybe better stated, ‘Whom do I turn to in times of trouble?’

God is there. The Lord is waiting with open arms to be shelter and refuge in times of trouble.

Such is my reminder this morning as I sit with my Lord…

Thank You, Lord for always being there. You have never let me down. EVER!!! Thank You. Praise You. Bless You Lord. In and through Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment