Wednesday, February 11: Psalm 25- Show me, teach me, guide me.

Like yesterday the source for my devotions leapt from the opening words of the Psalm. In you, LORD my God, I put my trust (1).

My heart grabbed those words as my mind shouted ‘Yes, yes, I trust in You, Lord. I put my trust in You.” These words captured the deepest sense of my life. I sat for a moment marveling how a few words could so capture me.

As I read on, I realized that trust was far more than merely a feeling… Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long (4-5). Trust shows itself in action. Trust in God shows itself in obedience and not in bare minimum obedience. David prays to know the depth of God’s ways, the twists and turns of His path, so that he (David) might follow and obey the Lord exquisitely! Like an honor student, David wants to master more than the basics. He wants to know the ‘ins and outs’ of the Lord’s ways. He wants to be able to extrapolate God’s truth in areas not specifically mentioned…

Show me, teach me, guide me and teach me is David’s prayer.

Oh, Lord, that is my prayer as well.

Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God, my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long… Through Jesus, my Savior and Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment