Friday, February 27: Psalm 30- God, the Father who loves me.

One of my personal images for God is that of a beloved grandfather sitting in a rocking chair or overstuffed chair beckoning his grandchildren to climb up on His lap and snuggle in. They can share anything in life that is going on or just rest in the security of His embrace. I don’t know from where this image comes.  I never really knew my grandfathers… it is a construct of my mind. This image explains some of my relationship with the Lord, the one who offers security and a safe place in the storms of life.

I scribed these thoughts because today, as I journey through Psalm 30, I felt like I was climbing into Father-God’s lap. It was not as if any particular verse spoke to me, rather it was the feel of the entire Psalm washing over me. Yes, there were particular words…

His anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; … I felt secure, I said, “I will never be shaken” (5-6)

To you, LORD, I called; … “What is gained if I am silenced, … (8-9).

But for me, this morning more than even these particular words, I had the deep and abiding sense that God had invited me to climb into His lap… to feel secure… to know I am loved… to know I am His and He is mine and to simply delight in the love of my Lord and God.

I hope and I pray that you know the love of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, too. If I can encourage you in your love relationship with the Lord, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Father, Daddy, God. I love You. Thank You for the serenity of today’s time with You. Thank You for the ever-present invitation to come close to You, to feel Your heartbeat and to know Your love. Thank You for Jesus, My Savior and Lord. Thank You, Jesus, for dying in my place to save me and all who believe in You. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for Your constant presence, Your guiding Words, Your teaching of the truth. I love You, Lord God, Almighty. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment