Saturday, February 14: Psalm 28- Remembering.

More cries to the Lord. The Psalms are filled with heartfelt prayers, prayers of hope, prayers of despair, prayers of pain, prayers of joy. I learn how to pray as I read and spend time in the Psalms.

Be honest with the Lord. That’s one thing I have learned from my time in the Psalms. Be vulnerable and open. God knows, so just speak with him honestly and plainly.

I have also learned that the deepest prayer grows from a place of trust in the Lord. Remember what God has done. He can and will do it again!

David prays in verse 7: The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. He prays that because he knows what God has done in the past. God truly has been David’s shield. I thought about all the times God protected and shielded David from Saul.

My thoughts flipped to the present. How many times God has been my shield. How many times the Lord showed up during a time of need or I could sense His presence during times of joy and blessing. These experiences are foundations for my prayers.

God lives. God enters our space. God protects. God blesses and corrects. God loves. All of this launches me to pray and speak with my Lord about my life and the things and friends that matter to me and to Him.

Lord, I am so thankful that You opened my eyes to see many of the things You have done in my life and in the world. You are an active and loving God and I can call out to You and You will hear and You will act according to You perfect will and plan. I love you, Lord.

Praise You, Father, Spirit and Son. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment