Tuesday, February 10: Psalm 24- Resting in the folds of his love.

The morning I wrote this devotional was my weekly Sabbath. I have spent a leisurely morning, reading my thru-the-Bible-in-a-year readings, puttering and now eating breakfast and having my morning meditation in the Word. It was a wonderful and glorious morning. The sky is blue, the sun is high and strong, the temperature is cold and dropping, and the wind is whipping. Here I sit, God’s Word in hand, warm and toasty as I look out our great big windows into nature.

Then I open Psalm 24 and read… The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it (1). Even as I complete the Psalm, I knew I would return to Verse One to ponder the wonders of the Lord.

All the beauty outside my window, the shimmering colors, the blustering wind, the swaying trees, the flitting birds, the strength of the sun, wispy white clouds… it is all the Lord’s. He created it. He established it. His mark of ownership is embedded in everything I can see, hear, touch, smell and sense and everything in all creation that I cannot see, hear, touch, smell and sense. Everything in all creation is His.

I marvel and delight in the Lord, Creator of all things. And He has chosen to reveal Himself to everyone through creation.  And even more wonderful, God has chose to reveal Himself and His teachings and ways to me through the Word and through Jesus, the Word made flesh!

This morning I have no great insights, no big “Ah Ha’s.” I do not need that today because I am resting in the fold of His arms, marveling in His nearness to me and enjoy the beauty of His creation with the refrain of King David lilting in the background: The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it…

Praise the Lord O my soul and all that is within me praise His holy name…

The Lord is good and His love endures forever…

The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it

My soul magnifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my savior…

All this is thought, felt and prayed through Jesus Christ, my Lord, Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment