Thursday, February 12: Psalm 26- God to the rescue.

We can never earn our way into God’s good graces. None of us will ever live such good lives that God is obligated by justice to reward us in any way. And yet how we live matters. How we live is our response to the grace, mercy and love God has shown us even though we did not deserve God’s grace, mercy and love.

David is in some kind of a pickle and he needs God to step in and save him. And so he cries out to the Lord in verse 1, vindicate me! Help me!

Then verses 2-11 are an example laden way of saying “I am Yours, Lord… I am Your child.” David’s works don’t earn him God’s vindication but they are a beacon declaring that He belongs to the Lord and his life is proof thereof.

Verse 12 is a closing statement of faith in the Lord, I will praise the Lord. Come what may, no matter what God chooses to do in this matter, I will praise the Lord.

It is one thing to say I believe in God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Words can be cheap. Do the actions of my life declare that I believe in and love the Lord?

This is what I will chew on for the remainder of my day.

May the words of my mouth, the meditations of my heart and the actions of my life be pleasing in Your sight, O, Lord,  my Rock and my Redeemer. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment