Monday, February 16: 1Peter 1- Trinity.

I found myself thinking about God and the Trinity as I read the letter’s opening, so I circled back to it after finishing the chapter.

Verse 1: Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

Chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father: The Father is the initiator of our calling to faith. He chooses. He calls according to His foreknowledge. The Father initiates salvation.

Next Peter extols the work of the Spirit… whose work sanctifies us. Through the sanctifying work of the Spirit. The Spirit applies the choosing of the Father. The Spirit executes the choice and calling of the Father.

And all this is so we can live for Jesus; To be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood. Peter notes two aspects of Jesus, His Lordship and the power of His blood. The Lordship of Jesus is implied in the statement that we are to be obedient to Jesus. Peter also notes that we are sprinkled with Jesus’ blood. It is the blood of Jesus that cleanses us.

I sat and marveled at our God.  The entire Trinity works to give us salvation. How much I owe my God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Holy Trinity, I praise You. Thank You, Father, for choosing me. How, why, is beyond me. All I can do is thank You and Praise You. Holy Spirit, thank You for applying the Father’s calling and cleansing me and sanctifying me. Your constant work in my life keeps me close to the Father, Son and You. And, Jesus,I praise You for the cross and I pledge my allegiance and obedience to You as Lord and Savior of my life! Halleluiah. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment