Tuesday, February 24: 2Peter 3- Work at Your Faith.

There was intentionality in writing the books that make up the Bible. Peter’s intention for this letter emerges clearly throughout this chapter. Check out the verses below, which I noted as I read this morning:

Verse 1: Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking.

Verse 11: Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives

Verse 14: So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.

Verses 17-18: Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

What we think about matters. How we live matters. How much effort we put into building our faith matters. That we guard our thinking and doctrine matters.

Today God is reminding me to put my heart and soul and mind and strength into what I believe.  And who I am becoming in light of what I believe!

Simply said, God is reminding me, “Bill, work at Your faith!”

Lord, to this I pray for strength, determination, and heart that I might live for You all the days of my life this side of eternity. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment