Friday, April 17: Luke 23- Good Friday revisited.

I hate this chapter… I love this chapter.

Reading about Jesus’ death always hits me hard. Listening to people reject Him in favor of a criminal. This never ceases to stun me.

The fact that Herod and Pilate both acquitted Him and yet, Pilate has Him executed just to appease the Jews, continues to boggle my mind.

Our modern day justice system is far from perfect but, oh my, it is light-years ahead of the capricious and seeming arbitrary way justice was handed out by Pilate.

Another thing that gets me is the lack of value of a human life. I am so glad that I live in the 21st century as opposed to the 1st.

Back to Jesus… He went through all of this for you and for me… I am continually amazed by this.

Two weeks ago we celebrated Good Friday and now here I am reading the account again. I cannot read it too often. None of us can.

Thank You ,Jesus… for going through all this for me. Thank You, Jesus, for offering me grace while You took my shame and my sin and nailed it to the cross. Thank You for all You did so that I, and everyone who confesses You Lord of their lives, can be saved and called to join You in sharing Your good news with our world. Thank You, Jesus, for the cross… Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment