Saturday, April 18: Luke 24- He has risen.

He has risen! (6). These 3 words changed the course of human history.

Jesus is alive and the chasm between God and humanity has been bridged. Jesus, himself, explained it well. As the chapter winds down Jesus says to this disciples, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high” (46-49).

Repentance and forgiveness is available in Jesus and this is a message that the world needs to know. From the least to the greatest of every tribe and language, people need an opportunity to put their faith in Jesus. But we can’t tell the world on our own and in our own power. We need to be clothed from on high; we need the Holy Spirit.

I stop… there is so much here in this one chapter and in these few verses. Grace in salvation and power for witness and mission.

My heart slows as questions erupt in my thoughts. Am I fully engaged in Jesus’ mission? Am I giving all to the one who offered me forgiveness and repentance? Am I all in with Jesus???

Are you?

Think about it. 

Lord, God, what a story.  You have been working a plan since the garden to save humanity. And the keynote of Your plan is Jesus’ death and resurrection… for me and for the world!.

We have got to tell somebody… we have to tell everybody…

O God, pour out Your Spirit so I (we) have Your power to do Your bidding! Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment