Tuesday, April 7: Luke 14- this guy has chutzpah!.

I was intrigued by Jesus who ventured right into the ‘lion’s den’ and lived faithfully. Look at where Jesus is in verse 1, One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched. Jesus was eating in the house of a prominent Pharisee!

I was thinking, this guy has chutzpah!

He knows he is being scrutinized by the Pharisees and religious leaders. He has already been making trouble for them (see 13:17) and yet, here He is accepting an invitation and showing up in one of their homes.

Not only that, Jesus seizes some teachable moments speaking about healing on the Sabbath, taking the honor seat, and care for poor. Amazing.

I sat amazed at Jesus. Who does this kind of stuff?!

And yet, here Jesus is, using every possible means to get is message out. And it is working because someone at this meal remembers the incident and tells Luke!

Jesus’ boldness amazes me and challenges me… why am I so much more intimidated or reserved in public, especially when I might be among those who don’t believe as I believe???

Lord, I am praying for the boldness of Jesus, to speak Your truth to those who need it no matter the setting. I pray, Lord, for ears to hear You clearly prompting me to speak,  I am also praying for the grace and wisdom to know how to speak so that Your truth gets out. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment