Monday, April 6: Luke 13- Strong words.REPENT.

Jesus’ ministry is filled with grace and truth. Today’s words that I focused on from chapter 13 fall into the truth category.

Verses 1-5: Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

The repeated But unless you repent, you too will all perish is the hammer blow of Jesus’ teaching. This is God’s Word to everyone, Jew or Gentile, old or young, male or female, rich or poor… everyone, Unless you repent, you too will all perish.

Jesus certainly isn’t beating around the bush. He is telling it straight.

REPENT, turn your life around, travel in a God-honoring direction. In order to repent I have to be honest with myself about how I am living and then place it against the way God wants people to live as explained in the Bible. I admit where I am off track and I return to God. I put my faith and trust in God -Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit.

Jesus is calling all people to follow Him.

Will you join the parade of faithful who have sworn allegiance to Jesus, who name him Lord and Savior of their lives who believe in the one God revealed in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible?

I faced this reality 35+ years ago and I said ‘Yes’ to Jesus. I hope you have, too.

Lord Jesus, thank You for Your honest words. I, did back then and I do today, swear allegiance to You as my only Lord, Savior and God. Praise be to You, Lord Jesu,s along with the Father and the Spirit. Three in one. Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment