Tuesday, April 28: Acts 8- Preach wherever you go.

Sometimes it is helpful to take the extra information in sentences and paragraphs out to see the main idea. This hit me when I was reading today. Stripping the first few sentences down to their bare bones, here is what emerged. On that day a great persecution broke out against the church in Jerusalem, and all except the apostles were scattered throughout Judea and Samaria. … Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went. (1,4)

Persecution led to scattering and scattering extended preaching and the preaching was extended geographically as well as in numbers of preachers. The apostles were the primary preachers in Jerusalem community, but notice that the apostles were not scattered like everyone else. So it was everyone else who preached the word wherever they went.

Following the lead of the early church, we all bear the responsibility to preach and witness to Jesus. Ask yourself, ‘How am I preaching and bearing witness with my life???’

I’m asking myself that question, too.

Lord, I offer myself to You today to be Your witness, wherever I am, whomever I meet, may Jesus shine through me. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment