Thursday, April 2: Luke 10- Something to rejoice about.

So many great lessons from Jesus today. Luke pens yet another rich and full chapter.

The 72 being sent out to the various towns ahead of Jesus struck me. The miracles, the healings, the demons defeated… amazing. Oh, so amazing! And yet upon their return, as the stories of great and godly deeds are told, Jesus breaks in with a profound teaching. However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven (20).

I admit I would have likely been telling great tales of the miracles and God’s power released through me. It is pretty easy to fall into the trap of telling stories that make me look good. It is not that Jesus rebukes them as much as He refocuses them. If you want to rejoice do so for the right reasons… rejoice that God has saved you, that your name is written in the book of life! Rejoice in God’s work… God’s work in you.

The greatest miracle remains the salvation of a human being. This is the only miracle that will last for eternity, and that is something to rejoice about.

O, Lord, thank You for saving me. You took a dead enemy and made me alive for You. Thank You, Lord. I praise You Lord. Glory to You, O Lord. Amen!!! And Amen!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment