Friday, October 23: Psalm 66- A launching pad.

As I sat and listened to the Psalmist praise the Lord, I was called to join him. Shout for joy to God, all the earth!  Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious.  Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds! (1-3a). Great and mighty is our God…

I kept reading and verse five ushered me in a new direction. Come and see what God has done, his awesome deeds for mankind! As the psalmist was moved to recount certain things the Lord had done for his people Israel, I was moved to remember things the Lord has done for me and His people with whom I worship.

I thought of healings from God’s hand. Missionaries protected. Church projects completed. Ministries that expanded the fame of Jesus that were started and sustained by the Lord. Widows comforted… Names, faces, and events coursed through my thoughts. God has been at work and God is to be praised.

Memories turned to praise…

Shout for joy to God, all the earth! (1). Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me! (20). Halleluiah Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment