Friday, October 9: Revelation 15- A world built on justice and truth .

There is lots of singing before God’s throne. As the final bowls of fury of God’s wrath are about to be poured out, seven great angels broke out in a chorus to their (our) God:

“Great and marvelous are your deeds,

Lord God Almighty.

Just and true are your ways,

King of the nations.

Who will not fear you, Lord,

and bring glory to your name?

For you alone are holy.

All nations will come and worship before you,

for your righteous acts have been revealed.” (3-4)

I stared at and listened to this song. I imagined a congregation singing in unison and then harmonizing…

“Great and marvelous are your deeds,

Lord God Almighty.

Just and true are your ways,

King of the nations.

That is my God! Marvelous and mighty, a doer of deeds, someone who is not totally removed but acts in our world showing His greatness.

And only the wicked do not long for a leader who is just and true and who leads people with justice and truth! For a fleeting moment I pondered what our world would look like if world leaders truly led with justice and truth. And then I thought, ‘No, that is the world of my God will be like for all eternity... the world which I am going someday. My present world will never be that way.’

Maybe some day I will get to join in this song with the redeemed and all the heavenly hosts. And as we sing, there in our midst will be our God! Oh, what a day that will be!!!

“Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the nations. You, O Lord, are the great and awesome God and I bow to You, creator and sustainer of all things!

Praise be to You, Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, the God above all Gods, and the Lord above all Lords. Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment