Monday, October 19: Psalm 62- As I was about to despair.

A flood of memories washed over me as I read this Psalm. David is declaring his trust in God in the face of attack, people trying to topple him (4).

As if a dam broke, memories of the most professionally and personally difficulty time of my life crashed in my mind. During those days I had to cling to God. People who I thought were with me betrayed me and as the ship sank, others bailed. I felt alone, abandoned, hurt… the adjectives could go on.

During that time a few people stood by me. Most importantly God was at my side. Although I do not remember going to this Psalm, I certainly could have because I lived it. Over and over I ran to God and He always grabbed hold of me before I sank into despair.

Like David and probably along with David, I prayed things like:

Yes, my soul, find rest in God;

my hope comes from him.

Truly he is my rock and my salvation;

he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

My salvation and my honor depend on God;

he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Trust in him at all times, you people;

pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. (5-8)

For me these prayers were a call to myself to remember God and to trust God.

There were times when I was broken hearted and hurt. The glimmer of hope was fading from my heart and soul, but my mind remembered God and had to call out to myself reminding me of God’s faithfulness. And it worked… in those moments tottering on despair, faith rose up and another day was endured.

The Lord saw me through… Praise be to Him.

I will shout to the Lord and declare HE is worthy of our life, our trust, our love and our PRAISE! Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken (1-2).

Praise be to You, my Lord and my God… Who stands with me during think and thin. Halleluiah! What a Savior. Halleluiah! What a God. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment