Wednesday, October 14: Revelation 19- All heaven rejoices.

What an incredible scene in heaven, as all heaven begins to rejoice at the destruction of Babylon.

Various scenes filled my thoughts. In the Wizard of Oz when the wicked witch is killed, the land breaks out in spontaneous celebration,

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!

Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.

Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go,

Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.

Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.

Let them know The Wicked Witch is dead!

At the end of World War II, bells tolled, people rushed into streets celebrating the end of the war.

All heaven rejoices in the celebration of the destruction of evil. The heavenly shouts of praise magnify our God and king…

“Hallelujah!

Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,

for true and just are his judgments.

He has condemned the great prostitute

who corrupted the earth by her adulteries.

He has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”

“Hallelujah!

The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever.” (1-3).

In my heart I joined the heavenly throng, joy and amazement for my God, our God, rushed over me. Everything our God promised He delivered. His Word is truth. His Word will come true.  Some day I will be with the number before the throne joyfully singing and shouting praise to the Lord God Almighty, the One whom I worship and adore.

What a day that will be.

My heart rested in this joy. No matter what life brings my way today or any day, it cannot erase what will be when Jesus comes to claim His bride and usher in His new and redeemed kingdom.

Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God! True are His judgments!  Eternal is His Word! He is mighty and awesome. He is the Great and Awesome God, alone to be worshiped and praised. Alone, Lord God of the Universe.

I will worship my God and King –Father, Jesus, Spirit –with all of my heart and all of my life. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment