Saturday, October 10: Revelation 16- There is a clock running.

Two phrases stuck to me as I read today. The first was repeated twice, but they refused to repent of what they had done (8, 10).

I gather from this phrase that as God is pouring out His just wrath and punishment on those who have stood and lived opposed to Him, even then should they repent, God would save them. But sadly they will not and do not repent. So they receive what their sin scarred life deserves… wrath and punishment.

The second appeared only once but that was all it needed, “It is done!” (17).

This word reminds me that there is a clock running. I have no clue how much time is on it, but God knows. And the Lord will one day of His choosing call an end to wickedness and rebellion and bring an end to the world as we know it. In that day all who stood opposed to God will receive what their sins deserve and all who through faith in Jesus will receive full and ultimate salvation.

I sit confronted with the final judgment of God and my heart is mixed. Joy sprouts at the expectation of ultimate salvation. No more pain or tears or crying or pain (21:4) for those who follow the Lamb. Sadness and grief for people who refuse to acknowledge the only and one true God and reach out to Him through faith in Jesus.

And so I sit with a mixed heart…

Lord, I am so grateful that You peeled away the covering over my eyes and let me see Jesus. Bless You. Use me to help others see You so they can be saved. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment