Wednesday, October 7: Revelation 13- Patient Endurance.

This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people (10b).

There is coming a time when those of us who follow Jesus will require patient endurance and faithfulness to continue to walk with Jesus. The inference is clear… the world and the structures of the world will be opposed to people who have faith in Jesus.

Patient endurance are words laden with pain and trial. And the call to faithfulness on the heels of patient endurance only serves as an exclamation mark. The call to the faithful during these times will be a call to hold on and to remain faithful despite the cost…

I don’t know when these revelation days are coming and when the climax of time will happen. But I do know these words were written to real people enduring real suffering for the faith in earlier days. And they speak to any Believer who has endured the wrath of man or the wrath of God’s enemy.

Faith in Jesus is not for the faint of heart. Times of testing will come. The general regard for religious faith that I experience in my country is not experienced universally around the world by sisters and brothers in Jesus.

It may even be that the general regard for Christian people is beginning to erode in my country. How does God expect that I/we should live and act if this is so? This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people.

What I am hearing in these words from Scripture today is that I need to buckle on my helmet and prepare myself to follow Jesus no matter what comes. Living for Jesus is not a cakewalk. It requires patient endurance and faithfulness on my part.

Lord, may I be steeled for whatever comes my way. May I be faithful to You no matter what is asked of me. In and through Jesus, the Lamb, who was slain so that I can be redeemed, I pray. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment