Saturday, October 3: Revelation 10- .

The words of the Angel gripped me, “There will be no more delay!” (6)

As much as I long to meet my Lord, to experience salvation in its fullest and perfection, these words are haunting. That which brings me joy means devastation and judgment for many who do not confess Jesus. The last 3 chapters continue to haunt me with the pain and terror of judgment.

There will be no more delay… the partial devastation described earlier will meet its fulfillment. Oh my God…!

I sit with mixed, but mostly trembling heart. I am at an outside café with people walking by in all directions. I wonder what the day will mean for them. They seem to be unsuspecting about God’s Day of Judgment, as then simply going about their business. (AS I type on my laptop, people would probably say the same of me, were I the one being observed.)

What these last three chapters have reminded me is that even Christians can live life without thought about “that” day. I can write this because on most days that is how I live, it has been these last 3 chapters that have awakened me to this reality and I wonder how long these thoughts will last. Will I sink back into my self-focused way of living essentially oblivious to the end of days on the horizon? I fear so…

Then again maybe we, as humans, cannot live every day with these thoughts lest we become morbid and anxious. I just don’t know. My heart and thoughts bounce back and forth…

What I do know is that day is really going to come, whether in my lifetime or another… it will come. And faith in Jesus will make all the difference between it being a day of joy and reunion or a day of terror and recognition of the evil one.

As I think about this… I pray you are thinking, too.

Lord, many I have a healthy recognition of that day to come and may it spur me on to live for You in every way I can and every way You have called me to life. And may my life bear fruit for You and Your kingdom. In the name and for the glory of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I pray. Amen 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment